Hanoi, 22 August, 2023 (GNP): President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, who arrived in Hanoi on an official visit, held talks with the President of Vietnam, Vo Van Thuong.
The talks were preceded by an official welcoming ceremony at the Presidential Palace.
The leaders of the two countries received a welcome report from the head of the guard of honor, followed by the national anthems of Kazakhstan and Vietnam. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and Vo Van Thuong introduced the members of the official delegations to each other.
The two presidents then held talks, during which they discussed the prospects for developing cooperation in trade, economic, investment, energy, transport and logistics, agro-industrial, cultural and humanitarian spheres.
President Tokayev thanked Vo Van Thuong for the hospitality and noted that he attaches great importance to the visit.
“This is my first visit to your beautiful country as the President of Kazakhstan. I attach the utmost importance to this visit. In Kazakhstan, they treat your state and your people with great respect. Vietnam’s economic success is a solid foundation for further cooperation between our states. We pay significant attention to the economic and political interaction between our countries and fully appreciate the huge economic potential of Vietnam, as well as the country’s authority in the international arena,” Kassym-Jomart Tokayev stressed.
The President of Kazakhstan said that mutual trade exceeded half a billion dollars last year, and in the first six months of 2023 it has already reached $600 million. It is planned to bring this important figure to $1 billion by the end of the year.
The Head of State expressed confidence that the talks will lead to a new stage in the development of bilateral cooperation.
In turn, Vo Van Thuong noted his high appreciation for the intensification of cooperation between the countries and expressed his intention to strengthen the close partnership between Kazakhstan and Vietnam.
“I am sure that your first official visit to our country will create a new impetus to enhance traditionally friendly relations and successful multifaceted cooperation between the two countries. I visited Kazakhstan and was impressed by the magnificent, beautiful country, and its hospitable people. Vietnam is closely following the development of Kazakhstan and the great successes that the Kazakh people have achieved under your leadership.”
He also added and said “I am sure that thanks to your experience and strategic vision, Kazakhstan will develop securely and steadily, contributing to the development and preservation of stability in the region and in the world. Vietnam remembers and thanks the people of Kazakhstan for the valuable support provided to us in the struggle for national liberation and reunification of the country in the past and assistance in the development of our country today. Vietnam attaches great importance to traditionally friendly relations with Kazakhstan and considers your country an important partner in Central Asia,” the President of Vietnam said.
In conclusion, President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev invited Vo Van Thuong to pay a state visit to Kazakhstan.
Following the talks, the presidents adopted a joint communique.
The following documents were also signed during the official visit:
1. Joint Action Plan for the accelerated development of trade and economic cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for 2023-2025;
2. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on exemption from visa requirements of holders of national passports;
3. Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of tourism between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
4. Memorandum of Cooperation between QazTrade Trade Policy Center JSC and VietTrade, the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency;
5. Memorandum of Cooperation between the Investment Committee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Investment Agency of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
6. Memorandum of Understanding on the development of e-commerce and postal activities between Kazpost JSC and Viet Post Corporation;
7. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Vietjet Aviation JSC;
8. Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of investments in oil and gas projects between KazMunayGas JSC and Sovico Group;
9. Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of transport and logistics infrastructure development between Kazakhstan Temir Zholy JSC and Sovico Group;
10. Memorandum of Understanding between the Investment Committee of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Crystal Bay Tourism Group JSC;
11. Cooperation Agreement between Microtech DFS Vietnam Company Limited and Vela Corporation;
12. Memorandum of Understanding between Khabar Agency and Vietnam Television.