Kyiv, 22 June, 2023 (GNP): In a recent press conference, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy adamantly refuted the notion that Ukraine’s offensive against Russia was anything resembling a “Hollywood movie.” Zelenskyy stressed the gravity of the situation, emphasizing that the conflict in Ukraine is a real-life tragedy with dire consequences for the Ukrainian people.
“Some people believe this is a Hollywood movie and expect results now. It’s not,” President Zelenskyy stated. His remarks came as the tensions between the two nations continue to escalate, particularly in the eastern region of Ukraine.
Zelenskyy’s statement aimed to dispel any misguided perceptions and draw attention to the harsh realities on the ground. The conflict in Ukraine has caused immense human suffering, resulting in the loss of numerous lives, the displacement of countless civilians, and significant humanitarian challenges.
Moreover, Large minefields erected by Russian forces are preventing Ukrainian forces from advancing, Zelenskyy claimed in an interview on Wednesday. The Ukrainian leader stated that people’s lives are at stake because of the nearly 200,000 square kilometers (more than 77,000 square miles) of Ukrainian border territory covered in Russian land mines.
The Ukrainian President called upon the international community to acknowledge the seriousness of the situation and take concrete actions to address Russian aggression. Zelenskyy stressed the urgent need for robust diplomatic efforts, increased economic sanctions, and continued military support to deter further Russian incursions into Ukrainian territory.
President Zelenskyy’s interview took place on the same day that allies committed billions of dollars in economic and reconstruction aid at a conference in London and the day after the Russian leader once more claimed that Ukraine’s counteroffensive was failing.
In remarks on Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin said that Kyiv had suffered significant losses in attacks in the south and that Moscow had noticed a “lull” in the counteroffensive by Ukraine.
Yevgeny Prigozhin, the chief of Russia’s Wagner mercenary force, criticized Russian defense authorities on Wednesday for lying about the status of Ukraine’s counteroffensive.
He said that numerous villages had been lost and that Russian troops were lacking in weapons and ammunition.
However, Zelenskyy claimed in the interview that Ukrainian forces were making progress and “destroying the enemy” in the south of the nation. “Our defenses are firming up in the east,” he claimed further.