Sana-Yemen, 21 January 2020 (GNP): There had been a missile attack targeting a military camp in Ma’rib, where Saudi-backed militiamen were bases, this Saturday. Some reports suggested the presence of forces from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries at the time of the attack. The death toll 116 at the moment are expected to rise further, military and medical sources told AFP on Monday.
Saudi Arabia and the UAE, two key parties waging war on Yemen blamed the raid on the Houthi movement, which has been defending the country against the colossal military invasion.
However, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, Mohammad al-Bakhiti, rejected blame for the missile strike. “If we had carried out the attack, we would have announced it publicly,” said Mohammad al-Bakhiti, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, in an interview with the Al Jazeera on Monday.
The Saudi-led war has prompted the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, with over 11 million people face a daily struggle to find enough food, and 240,000 people live in famine-like conditions, according to the World Food Program. (GNP)